Iron Man Repulsor Light



I haven’t seen Iron Man yet but it is on my list of movies I want to see. Looks like there are lots of gadgets in the film, including this Iron Man Repulsor Light made by Carlitos’ Contraptions.
"Objective
To build a very powerful LED flashlight mounted on my hand palm that would turn on and produce brighter light as I move my hand back (and the angle between my hand and my arm decreases and gets roughly to 90°). Also, the flashlight should be comfortable, allow my hand to move freely, be very sturdy.

Materials
  • An old (aluminum) heat sink (from a broken computer monitor I believe)
  • A long and thin aluminum piece from a copy machine
  • A street cleaner brush bristle (like the one used to build a Bogota Rake)
  • An aluminum disk and a thick aluminum ring (they were the holder and separator for the plates on a very old hard drive)
  • 6 5 mm and one 10 mm ultra bright LEDs
  • A linear potentiometer (from an old sound system equalizer)
  • A switch
  • An old laptop battery
  • Some cable, some female and male headers, heat shrink tubbing, a paperclip, a plastic cable tie, and lots of love."







SHARE

About ZigZiglar

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Write a comment:

Post a Comment

Kindly Write your mind.What you feel about this post